17 February

Finally

shame! I know. I have been meaning to start this blog for only God knows how long, but now i think its time.

So why today? OMG i have had the crappiest couple of weeks!!

Why is it that when you are younger, parents never want 2 see any boys around and then all of a sudden they flip the script as soon as u get 2 that dreaded twenty something age??? " you are not getting any younger o!!"", "where is your boyfriend now"? is all i seem to hear..

My parents are driving me nuts, all this talk of boyfriend, marriage and all their contradictions! And you know how naija parents are, Oh NO! it doesn’t stop with them, it filters on to everyone.Uncles, Aunts, Grandmas, even Drivers!Everybody! They all seem to have an opinion on what the problem is and of course how to solve it.

Dress this way! Do your hair like this! Go out more! Stay at home and be a good girl! So which one of these boys are you picking? There are too many boys visiting you! Pick one…Anyone!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!



I think I'm slowly going crazy, i wasnt sure how crazy till i considered giving my controlling,potential wife-beater,ex-boyfriend another chance just to shut them up for a while, at least when we do break up i will have a couple months of grace to get over my heart break right??

2 comments:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Here is informally welcoming you to blogosphere! You write good.

Take Care and keep writing.

LoL.

Anya Posh said...

Naija parents are too hot & cold abeg! before they'll be reprimanding you about staying away from boys then all of a sudden they expect me to miraculously develop boy chasing/attractinf skills. From where???