03 June

IM NOT FAT....am i??

I so hate exercise!!!

ok maybe im exaggerating a lil bit but the idea of exercise really is not my friend. I could walk the length of Oxford street from Tottenham court road to Marble Arch for hours and then start on the journey to Piccadilly circus through Regent street without breaking a sweat!...but tell me to go to the gym or do some exercise and my body just goes numb, luckily for me all that walking helps my metabolism( or so iv been told anyway) and i never put on weight which was fine by me cos my eating habits....SUCK! im like the queen of junk food...i would eat a sausage and egg bagel from McDs for breakfast, twister from KFC with nuggets and milkshake from Mcds for lunch and only God knows wat for dinner...( i know shocking rite) and never put on weight....My best friend tells me she can see my future and its FAT...I rebuke that everymorning in Jesus name...AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Obviously moving to Naija kinda cured that habit or shud i say moved it 2 other avenues since now the dudes in TFC call me by name when i visit...and the chick @ the Chicken Republic on Adeola Odeku tells me to pay the following day if she doesnt have change. Unfortunately i dont get to walk as muuch or be as active as i would like to...so u can guess wat happened.
Yes my best friend didnt have to wait to long for the future...her prediction is coming true...and im not liking it one bit.

i knew my jeans were getting snug but hey it shows off my hips and curves so i didnt mind much until the Naija pple and their big, uncouth mouths started....." OMG you have put on weight this babe...as in u r fat o" ," wow see ur hips", " what have you been eating?" and it just goes on and on and on...

So i decided to do something about it...No i didnt join the gym...baby steps please.

Im gonna start running...early in the mornings.

Decided to start on monday 6am...and since im off work this week perfect.

Got up bright and early on monday and i realised something...i dont have workout clothes or shoes!! But there was nothing gonna stop me i was gonna run no matter what. After going through my shoes i found a pair of trainers, sure they r not made for running but they would def work. They are pink tho so i have to coordinate the whole outfit around them.. found white shorts and a pink tank top( now i look like an agbaya going to a childrens party...oh well cant have it all)...was about to leave till i realised...I TOOK OUT MY BRAIDS LAST NITE!! my hair is a complete mess, (and no i do not have any caps in my house im not a cap kinda girl)...my only saving grace is an oversize hoodie that belongs to my bro which is RED!...so now i look like an idiot but im determined....im going running today...1 hour...every one was so happy for me...cheering me on for doing something so healthy.

Running is so much fun...i can do this for ever....well till i almost passed out....how many minutes was i out running??...just 15!!!!!

It took me longer to get ready!!!!...

i guess thats a work out in itself....maybe i should incorporate that into my workout plan....

OMG i so need motivation...i need to lose weight!!

26 comments:

134ElitZ Magazine said...

you go gurl..u gotta look good working out...speaking of which, i need to start doin that too!

Ms.O said...

aww...first time here..I need to do that too!!!..Loving ur blog...

Thirty + said...

"Agbaya going to children;s party" lmao, now I know what an idiot looks like.

Why not continue walking, walk 5 stops from your house in the evenings or walk a bit before catching the bus (if you take PT). If na car, park at a distance to your workplace and then walk.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i think a lil meat is good for the soul

africa entertainment plus sports said...

I think it's wrong to exercise just to enhance physical look.I really think you are taking this too far.Exercise for general well-being.Some of us do find the bigger sizes irresitably appealing,and I mean the babes'.

Chari said...

Ole!

15 mins! ahnahn...welll as for motivation all u need is a jugging buddie...

Chari said...

o yeah n i dnt stay on th island...so sorry cant help u on that one...

Anonymous said...

gosh tell me abt 9ja peeps and their uncouth mouths!!

NikkiSab said...

U dont av to b a skinny wiggy to be accepted by society. Heck! no mata wat u do society always talks. Try eating healthy n get a gym n an ipod i tink u'll b fine.

Unknown said...

Looooollll - I feel you on that Oxford St. though. I can walk that whole thing and all them others no complaining. Get me to walk anywhere else I'm all complaints, well only sometimes. The clothes on that street help Lol. Goodluck with the weight loss. I'm on that trip too same reasons different location Lol

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I can soooo relate with this post
I use to be the work out freak..going to the gym every day and what not. Then I went to France, and realised that with all the walking i was doing, I could eat all the junk I wanted and even loose weight!
Well Im back in the states, and with driving across the street to Wal-Mart and not going to the gym-sister is about to get thick. But Im soooo not feeling the whole gym thing. So this is what Im doing: Bike Riding, Swimming, Running parks, etc and then im buying cute work out clothes to motivate me to go to the gym!

Yankeenaijababe said...

I feel like slapping the Naija people saying you are fat. I mean, no manners in Naija whatsoever. Girl, you just have to hit the gym if you think you are fat. Please, don't let it bother ya so much. Work it out, enjoy ya life and it's Naija for crying out loud where fatness is not a crime like in America where I stay.

femme fatale said...

thanx everyone...yeah i have started my walking regime and its actually fun...all that jogging is not for me and honestly i dont think i wanna even be as skinny as i was before.
funny thing is I thought i was ok till i started listening to peoples opinions on how i looked.
I guess i just have 2 ignore all the silly people and their mouths.

@ charizard.....wat makes u think i live on the island???

naijaleta said...

Have you noticed that In The UK being fat is evidence of bad diet but the mentality in Nigeria is almost the other way round? Erm... maybe its just me but the music playing in the background did not allow me enjoy the blog very well. It was kind of distracting. Like I said maybe it's just me. Both were good sha. The blog and your music selection. Maybe some of us cant just enjoy two good things at the same time. That's why I dont think I'll ever enjoy a threesome.... Yepa! Did I just sat that? I talk too much dont I? Maybe I should delete that...on second thoughts, I wont.

BlogVille Idol said...

blogville idol 08 is coming soon and its going to be fun!check out my page for more details

Jayn Sean said...

Babes, i red up to the last letter. Particularly i was looking for, 'pliz dont recommend Phat Galz to me'' part. But i didnt see that. So i recommend you watch Phat Galz starring M'nique.

There's a part where she says, 'we dont have a problem with our weight, but people out there are the ones who have a very big problem with our weight!'' Like you said people in Naija asked what you been eating and all. Are you taking all those jogs in the morning for your own self or for all of them out there?

There's another part in the movie where the guy who was wooing M'nique told her that from his professional point of view, M'nique will never be a size 5, coz she told him that she was tryina lose weight to be size 5. He told her that her body was not made to be that size.

I'm tryina gain weight myself. To an extent that i'm even taking pills to make me eat too much so that i gain weight you know? I'm really tired of this skinny/slender thing. Seriously.

Girl i know its my first time here, sorry if i wrote what seems to be like a post in its self.

Thanx for passing by my page...

Mz. Dee said...

Oya i'm gna go google picturez of lepaz turned fatties 4 u now now.
:p
Mehn.. dis babe ure scarin me!! I dont gain weight at ALL but dis one dat ure gainin to the extent of tryna lose.. maybe i shud start watchin maself.
First tym here.. luvvvvv ur blog!
gtg blogroll ya.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Nigerians and their candor... dont you just love it! Giving their opinion when it's neither needed or requested...

Girl just do you.
you did 15minutes... so keep going... add 5 minutes to it next time... and on and on..

Afrobabe said...

Lmao….15 minutes??? You tried sef…I only last 15 minutes on the threadmill because of shame…and here I was thinking loosing weight would be easier in naija…

Guess I just have to start liking my size cos….I no fit faint for road abeg…

Sasuke said...

first time here.
CUT DOWN ON THE JUNK..how is that for a start?

Afrobabe said...

If I meet this post again i will personally come there and make you fat...

Anonymous said...

eku weightloss.. lol i pay for a gym EVERy month oh.. and i havent gone in 2 months and i have ab ikini to fit into in 2 weeks.. omo when u figure it out.. lemme know.. lol.. goodluck jare my darling.. u can do it(chanelling rob schneider in every adam sandler movie)

Vera Ezimora said...

LOL. Babe, I'm certainly not the one to give you motivation. I'm sooooooooo lazy. In fact, I think I'll get inspiration from you sef. LOL.

*** MIELE XOXO *** said...

I tried that jogging/ruuning thing as well and i so didnt last 5 mins...i did a u turn sharp sharp back home lol

Tried the gym as well and its the most boring thing ever and i swear u dont lose weight - they jst take ur money lol..

But i did enjoy the gym classes esp the one called bum, tums and thighs; cycling - that helps a great deal and swimming once a while as well. Oh and make sure the gym has a fit instructor ;-)- that should keep u motivated lol...

But u need to have time and be really motivated. Take a friend with u or sumtin. Or buy that dress in the size ure aiming for and trust me u will lose the weight in no time. Dont go an buy size zero oh! lol

Jaguda said...

as you correctly opined, baby steps is the way. start with 10 min runs, then when it becomes easy up it to 15, then 20 and so on. make sure u have appropriate and comfortable trainng gear. if it helps use an mp3 player or ipod whilst running. dont mind naija people. they hardly know how to speak without being tactless

miz-cynic said...

naijas simply lack tact/......or mayb they are just plain rude.