20 January

heartbroken!

Today: A great day of Hope,change and all great things, if all these positives cant rub off me 2day then Im in big trouble!

Been off this for a LOOOOOONG time...missed yáll, was reading...maybe not commenting much cos i had way 2 much on my plate, but this is a new beginning and as Uncle Barack ( yeah i know i have many cousins out there) quoted: Its time to put away childish things!

What do you do when you know you've met THE ONE...however the people that matter dont even wanna now??

Would u marry someone against ur parents wishes?
Would you try to make them chnage their minds?
Or would you just move on and find someone else??

Im so confused!

I love him ,he loves me....they say we r stupid, we are not thinking with our heads! We'd regret the decision later, they r saving us from a lifetime of misery!

That scares me cos i dont want to have anyone tell me those famous words "I told u so"

what do i do....follow my heart or follow my head?

Im confused people....HELP!!


P.S Happy new year!! ( yeah wateva its still january im not 2 late jare)

On a lighter note....that Jenifa movie is seriously affecting my English o....i almost said "Yels"to a client a few days ago!!



and lets see: As it IS a new year....resolutions abi( lets see how long before i break them)

This year i wanna have a better relationship with God ( God helping me cos i know i cant do it without HIS help o)

SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!! ( no more bags, shoes, anything...ok maybe gold seeing as they r an investment as mumc says)...pls my people dont bring me anything.....IM NOT BUYING...and i don tire for bridesmaid abeg!!!

Try talking less:: i tend to get carried away, not sure my sense of umor is understood by most people

Be good ; -) thats open to any interpretation i like!

Be more ME and not care about what other people think!

Give more...of my time, my money...to people who need it!

Think thats about it......please dont forget im waiting for advice!! xoxo

12 comments:

Nefertiti said...

First time on your page. Nice to meet u :-)

Your heart. It however depends on why they are telling you not to date "Mr. right"

miz-cynic said...

nefertiti:-u took the words right outta my mouth.iit depends on why,if its frivolous ff ur heart straight...if not think abt it

Afrobabe said...

Hmmm marry without their consent...at this age yes, I have been independent since 2005 so I would try to get them to accept him but if they dont...tough luck...

lmao @ Jenifa, I almost said God forbis,yelz and bisgirl.....lmao..and I dont even speak yoruba..

Elle Woods said...

lol...i just blogged bout Jenifa. Very funny movie.
Try and change their minds. Maybe there is a way for them to see what you see in him? And if they still refuse, you def have some tough choices ahead of you but ultimately u have to make the one that makes u happy. You cant mortgage ur future and happiness for other ppl.

Ms.O said...

first time here! At my age, I would need their consent, but in a few years, i don't think I would. Jenifa is just ridiculously funny! Gbo Gbo bigs gelz!

bumight said...

it depends on why they dont want u to marry him. if its something ridiculous, i suggest u take it to the place of prayer and try to get them to change their minds somehow.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, let's see; whatever happens i don't believe 'tis best to have to strive for "a people's" (family) love and acceptance.

Yes, we love with our hearts but, cannot dissociate the head from our actions.

Favoured Girl said...

Nice to see you back on your blog again. For real, I had given up hope! Regarding your dilemma, you said it yourself. Get a closer relationship with God first, and every other thing will follow. I'm serious. And please watch what you say to clients o, you don't want to get funny looks or worse get fired!

Jaguda said...

nice post. to get straight to the point i feel parents know a lot when it comes to these things are have the best interests at heart[well most of them]. go with ur heart, most especially go with God. talk to him. marriage is a risk, like almost everything else, isnt it better u at least make ur own mistakes as opposed to marrying who ur folks want and still getting it wrong? talk to God, he knows more than our parents could ever imagine

Jaguda said...

ps read my current post as well

Unknown said...

well,i'd say u hear them out first.know their reasons,give them urs and talk to god bout it.yes,easier said than done.but,it shud help.

Anonymous said...

This is a great article and i really enjoyed it. I will have to bookmark this your blog. Thank you.

www.motivatory.com